Museum Properties

The Society’s goal of establishing a museum for the town became a reality in 1990 when the Morrison House was acquired through the generosity of the Welch family, for donating the house, and the Mack family for donating the land, to move the house on Pillsbury Road, a short distance from the Town Common

The present site of the Morrison House Museum consists of over two acres of orchard land the Mack family donated and the land’s original deed belonged to Charter David Morrison – C. 1726. A befitting location, surrounded by apple orchard vistas, the Morrison House sits amid old cellar foundations and abundant purple lilacs.


Properties currently on museum grounds.

Morrison House Museum

Parmenter Barn








Litchfield Carriage Shed

Clark Blacksmith Shop








To be reassembled on museum grounds

Reverend William Morrison House